After a two week testing period, several services will be upgraded to the latest software distributions on Friday March 25 beginning at 11 PM EDT (-0400 GMT) . Affected services may be briefly inaccessible shortly after 11 PM. Changes will provide improvements to performance and stability, as well as new features. The list of upgrades includes:
- Apache (http server): general security upgrade
- Dovecot (IMAP/POP3): performance and security improvements, major upgrade from 1.0 -> 1.2
- Postfix (SMTP): performance upgrade 2.5 -> 2.7
- SpamAssassin (spam filtering): improved spam filtering capabilities, major upgrade from 3.2 -> 3.3
- vsftpd (FTP): security upgrade, 2.1 -> 2.2
11:37 PM: all upgrades have been completed.